Don't you just love hearing "oh, you smell so good!". If you want cruelty-free body care and vegan perfumes offered in many unique scents, made fresh and shipped direct to your door, you've come to the right place. I love creating scented products for people who are picky about fragrance.
830 Tapestry Way #2004
Knoxville, TN 37932
- You can find a large selection of unique, long lasting vegan fragrances 100% hand-picked, requested and tested by YOU, my customers!
- Everything is handmade when you place your order so you get the freshest products possible.
- Free US shipping. There is a handling fee for International orders (see below for rates).
- I'm always adding new products and fragrances, be sure and sign up for the newsletter and get 10% off your first order.
- We are a compassionate company, focused on cruelty-free living (Leaping Bunny certified) and giving back. A portion of all profits go towards year-round charitable contributions and a yearly volunteer trip with IVHQ focused on nurturing healthy children and ecological restoration.
- Waste is painfully impacting our planet and we strive to become a more ecologically and planet-friendly business every day.
$15 handling fee for orders from $0-$50
$25 handling fee for orders from $50-$100
$50 handling fee for orders over $100
All other countries:
$20 handling fee for orders from $0-$50
$30 handling fee for orders from $50-$100
$50 handling fee for orders over $100
If an international shipment is returned marked "Shipment Refused by Recipient" or "Unclaimed", a refund will be issued minus the original shipping fees. I've been getting too many returned shipments due to recipients not wanting to pay their countries import fees.
2) USPS ship times: All orders are carefully packaged and shipped via the U.S. Postal Service. I know how hard it is to wait for your goodies, if you believe that your order is taking longer than it should, first check the delivery confirmation number emailed to you, sometimes the P.O. will scan it intransit, which can give you an idea of your package progress. If you think it may be lost, send me an email and I'll check on it for you. My tracking abilities are only as good as the USPS's tracking system.
3) Prep and packaging policy: All the products are prepared in a pet and smoke-free, clean, sanitary environment. The waterproof labels are clean, simple, clear and descriptive.
4) Fragrance oil and product quality: All fragrances have been chosen by you, my buyers. When a new scent is requested, I order it in and send three samples to three different people who have and love the original perfume. They compare it and if all three different people declare it a match, then it is added to the scent list. If any one of the testers do not think it's a match to the original, it does not get added to the scent list.
I am neurotically, obsessively picky about fragrance and product selection and quality. When I do carry a fragrance, I only buy from my select group of certified cruelty-free suppliers (most I've been working with for 10+ years), because I know they have the best oils. When a fragrance is chosen, such as Pink Sweets (Pink Sugar duplicate), I buy it from the same supplier to maintain consistency, just because I found that the scent does sometimes vary between suppliers and I want to make sure you get the same exact Pink Sugar interpretation now that you bought one or two or five years ago. Also, when the product description says undiluted, full strength (such as the perfume roll-ons and sample size oils), I really mean it, I do not add any bases or fillers of any kind. All oils are skin-safe, phthalate free, paraben free, vegan and cruelty-free.
5) Designer Duplicates: When I initially started somethinspecial.com, my intention was not to carry any designer duplicates. I truly appreciate the hard work it takes to design a fragrance and I have a deep admiration for some of the beautiful blends created. But, as the company evolved, I kept getting many, many desperate requests for discontinued scents. If I could find a duplicate that was an exact match, I started adding them to the fragrance list. Then I started getting requests for existing name brand scents, only because I can offer them in a product that the original designer chose not to, such as a moisturizing cream, hair conditioner or a solid perfume.
6) Discontinued scents: I constantly rotate stock and if I am disposing more of a particular scent than selling it, it gets taken off the fragrance list. I hate waste but I refuse to send you anything less than 100% fresh products. If you are absolutely in love with a discontinued scent, you can special order it HERE.
Who is somethinspecial.com?
Way back in 1997 my mom & I opened a little candle shop on Green St. in McHenry, IL. Many of our customers asked for bath and body products, but we had no luck in finding just the right products and fragrances. Nothing was made fresh, nothing was guaranteed to be cruelty free and most were loaded with chemicals that would make any scientist cringe.
So, I fired up the internet and cleared out the kitchen and somethinspecial.com was born! After years of trial and error, making many potions and creations that were great and terrible, I finally created just the right mix of products and fragrances to offer to the world.
This entire journey is a collaboration with you, my buyers. We've worked together to tweak and balance the products and the scent list. You tell me what you want, I listen, I experiment, we test and test again. This guidance and feedback from you has allowed me to offer amazing custom scented products that are shipped worldwide.
What a team!!
Every time I get an order, I am humbled and grateful that you would spend your hard earned money on these scented goodies. I can't thank you enough.
My mom has also continued her entrepreneurial journey and has opened her own Etsy shop featuring beautifully handcrafted, handmade awareness, childrens and holiday bracelets. Go mom!! Visit her web site at etsy.com/shop/SomethinSpecialShop.