It's no secret that I love essential oils. I've been using them in my life since 1997 when I was first introduced to them. Here are my 7 favorite oils and how I use them.
1. Lavender: My first essential oil love. To this day, a whiff of it will put me in a calm state every single time. Anytime I take a bath, this is the oil I choose. I love adding it to a warm, full bath and even better, I'll fill the tub with unscented bubble bath and add a few drops of this. Instant bliss.
2. Sleepy Time Aromatherapy Blend: I have struggled with insomnia for years and I've created a blend that almost always triggers my brain that it's time for sleep. This mix of Lavender and Marjoram works best for me in my bedside wall plug-in oil diffuser. It will send out a puff of fragrance every 10 or 20 minutes (you choose), so I turn it on an hour before bedtime and when I'm ready for sleep, I walk into a Sleepy Time scented room.
4. Peppermint: Any time I feel nauseous, I'll grab this oil and inhale directly from the bottle. It has always helped to settle my stomach.
5. Rosemary: There are times that I need have a creative focus session (like now while writing this blog post!) and Rosemary gets my brain into a productive state. I have it on a cotton pad next to me, I've also used a few drops on a clothespin clipped to my desk fan.
6. Orange: It's impossible to smell this oil and not be immediately cheered up. I spray it throughout the house just for fun. I've also put a few drops on a washcloth and put it in my shower, not in the direct spray, but near it. Fills the whole bathroom with sweet orange goodness and starts my day right.
7. Lemon: Since this is a great disinfectant, I use it to mop my floors. I have a spray mop, I fill the water tank with vinegar, water and lemon oil and go to town. My house smells so clean and fresh afterwards.
If you're looking for more ways to use essential oils in your life, hop on over to my Essential Oil Uses Pinterest Board.